- The client is psychologically normal and is able to cope well with daily life.
- The client wants to be better by growing and achieving higher goals.
- The client wants to improve performance, relationships, or life satisfaction.
- The client is looking for a person to help facilitate the next level of growth or change.
- The person is psychologically dysfunctional and has issues dealing with daily life.
- The person needs help coping with pain, trauma, disorders, or illness.
- The person wants to work through problems so he/she can get back to normalcy.
- The person is looking for a mental health professional to help overcome issues to live well again.
As you can see, the functions of a coach and a therapist significantly differ. Are you looking to grow or change something in your life? Or is there certain areas you'd like to improve for the better? If so, what are they? I look forward to some of your answers! Till next time...